Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wine's Under RM100 / Yellowtail Shiraz 2006

[I'm doing this to find good wine for everyday drinking and our goal is to find that with a RM100 budget. I believe there are some good bottles to be found out there. In the end we hope to have a list of budget wines to add to our list the next time we have the urge but low on finances. DISCLAIMER; Remember, I am not a wine expert, infact, I know very little about wine, but I want to try many different types of wines]


Yellow Tail Shiraz 2006 (Australia)
Ok for starters its RM49.90 (well within the budget) at any liquor corner at the local supermarkets. Its really popular and you shouldn't have any problems finding it on the shelfs with its in your face lable. Its really fruity and sugary sweet and it can turn your tongue black. Its a dark and a thick fruit bomb with all sorts of stuff on the nose, smoke, oak, dark fruit, bell peppers. Jammy, sweet fruits, too sweet and syrupy for my taste.

VERDICT: Not outstanding, basic wine, I think this will make a nice cooking wine for some dishes but I am going to stop drinking after a glass.

No comments: