Sunday, May 18, 2008

TerraMater Unusual Carménère Shiraz 2003


It's the weekend, been out in the sun all week on the job and everything that could go wrong did. I had to get that drink to bring back some sanity after the week i had. None of my usual suspects were around again owing to the Wesak Day extended weekend. Took a short walk with my lovely better half for a bite at the establishment.

TerraMater Unusual Carménère Shiraz 2003 is my pick for this evening. I don't usually have many fond memories of Chilean wines. I tried this bottle before back in Febuary and was quite surprised. This unusual blend of Carmenere and Shiraz gives a intensely deep red colour with characteristics of blackberry, plums and a hint of coffee and chocolate. Very well balanced with an intense persistent finish that i like. We took a couple of hours to enjoy dinner and it seemed to get better as it breathed and it probably would have benefited from decanting. Overall a very good wine for RM168 retail.

No comments: